Restoring Hearing Clarity in Folsom & Placerville, CA
With Award-Winning Care, You Can Strop Struggling to Understand What You Hear
Staying connected to friends, family, and your community is essential to living a full and meaningful life. Being unable to hear and understand what people are saying or have conversations with your loved ones can lead to withdrawal, isolation, depression, and even dementia. If you are looking to restore hearing clarity in Folsom and Placerville, CA, our experts at Cognitive Hearing Centers can help. Our highly and compassionate hearing team understands the frustrations of hearing loss and can help you stay connected through state-of-the-art NeuroTechnology™.
NeuroTechnology™ is designed to treat hearing loss by using complex stimulation patterns to help replace diminished auditory input to the brain. Traditional hearing aids just make things louder, but with today’s new NeuroTechnology™ treatment options, you can hear more clearly and more naturally, in all listening environments– even in noisy restaurants!
Today’s NeuroTechnology™ includes the following features:
- Enhanced Clarity – to help fill in the missing speech details
- Noise-Cancellation Features – to help filter speech in noisy environments
- Soft-Speech Booster – to help you hear the ‘soft-speakers’ in your life (e.g., children and grandchildren, your spouse, etc.)
- Surround Sound Features
- Bluetooth connectivity to your smart devices
How Does It Work?
There are different types of NeuroTechnology™ – each custom-designed and programmed to meet your hearing loss and your hearing needs. Ultimately, they all perform the same function – to help you hear more clearly and more naturally.
We hear with our BRAINS, not with our ears. Today’s NeuroTechnology™ is the only proven hearing loss treatment options that focus on enhancing brain function by providing enhanced clarity surround sound with background-noise canceling features.
NeuroTechnology™ can be used to address the full spectrum of hearing difficulties, from people with audiometric ‘normal hearing’ to individuals with severe to profound hearing loss.
Are There Different Types of NeuroTechnology™?
Absolutely! NeuroTechnology™ comes in several ‘shapes and sizes,’ including some invisible options for maximum discretion. Our team will review your treatment options based on your specific hearing loss and hearing needs. Regardless of which treatment option is right for you, whether you’re out to dinner with friends, hitting the beach, meeting with clients, or hiking the trails, you’ll be able to hear what matters most with today’s hearing-loss technology.
Several Features of NeuroTechnology™ Include:
Once placed in your ear, it’s so hassle-free that you may even forget you’re wearing the device! And that is the point. Hearing loss shouldn’t hold you back, and neither should your hearing solution. Features in today’s invisible technology options include:
- An invisible and custom fit
- A fit deep inside your ear canal and are personally customized to you for all-day comfort
- Easily adapt to new sounds with automatic volume control and adaptation to your listening environment
- Wireless streaming to your smartphone and/or to keep you connected to your TV, music and other media
- Sound comfort technology designed to provide distortion-free listening comfort for loud sounds while ensuring ultimate hearing clarity
Mini ‘Receiver in the Ear’ NeuroTechnology™
Groundbreaking NeuroTechnology™ is fast and precise enough to analyze and follow the dynamics of the entire auditory environment, and differentiate between speech and background noise.
Advances in miniaturization of technology have led to the breakthrough of new NeuroTechnology™ proven to support brain function, including working memory, selective attention, and processing speed (The Hearing Review: Dr. Desjardin, University of Texas, El Paso). These new devices have 3 features designed specifically to maintain the brain’s innate ability to hear in all different listening situations:
- Clear Hearing In Background Noise – By separating important speech from background noise by as much as 10dB, this innovative technology provides 30% better speech understanding and clarity in noise
- Enhanced Clarity = Enhanced Memory Recall – Individuals with hearing loss are known to have reduced memory recall because the brain is deprived of a clear signal. With 20% more capacity to remember, this technology is the only available option proven to increase memory recall.
- Reduced Effort – Many patients explain that hearing requires effort as they age and that it can make them tired after a day at work or with their grandchildren. Current available technology is proven to provide a 20% reduction in listening effort in noisy environments.
Bluetooth & Internet-Compatibility
In addition, some options include Bluetooth and Internet compatible options that enable:
- Hands-free wireless (surround sound) hearing on the phone
- Low-Battery reminders – Your devices can remind you by ear, phone, text or email that your batteries (or your spouse’s batteries) are low
- Wireless compatibility with any TV to enhance the clarity of the signal
- Control of your Internet-connected devices at home, including the thermostat, lights, and even certain cooking appliances (Yes, your hearing devices can automatically turn on your coffee maker each morning!)
Learn More About Restoring Hearing Clarity in Folsom & Placerville, CA Today
Stop struggling to hear your friends and family! Schedule your Free Dr. Darrow-approved Hearing Assessment today. Your appointment includes a comprehensive audio exam that covers speech understanding in noise and dementia risk, a written report, and a free copy of Dr. Darrow’s book, “Stop Living In Isolation.” Call 916-983-2942 for our Folsom location, 530-622-4880 for our Placerville location, or click the button below to take the first step to better hearing today!
As one of the premier hearing centers in Folsom & Placerville, CA our Audiologist, Hearing Instrument Specialists, and team at Cognitive Hearing Centers also provide 5-star-rated hearing care to patients from Orangevale, El Dorado Hills, Fair Oaks, Pollock Pines & Diamond Springs, CA and Surrounding Areas.